Hours: Friday: 12-3pm & Saturday: 12-4pm or by appointment.
- From I-95 North: Exit 29, US-1 toward RI-114/Downtown Pawtucket. Turn right onto Fountain St. where 80 Fountain St. is on your right.
- From I-95 South: Exit Broadway/Cottage Street, turn left onto Broadway, then a near immediate right onto Blackstone Avenue. Turn right at the first cross street onto Fountain St. where 80 Fountain St. is on your left.
Periphery is a small curated space born out of a desire to provide artists with a place to experiment in. The space is akin to a pop-up gallery: It takes shape based on the vision of the artist that is using the space. At the root of the concept is a recognition that artists are influenced by other artists, and Periphery wants to be a catalyst for more exchange and dialog.
Why the name periphery?
- Periphery because it can sit outside of one’s own practice.
- Periphery because it is outside of the parameters of a gallery. There is no roster of artists. It will be a place to show work in any shape or form, for a few days or several weeks.
- Periphery because it is outside of Providence.
Periphery was founded in 2016 by artist Barbara (Babs) Owen who came upon a space that would lend itself to small shows.